Rate of systemic absorption from which of the following sites of injection is the least?
Rate of systemic absorption is proportionate to the vascularity of the site of injection, following is the decreasing order of absorption:
intravenous > tracheal > intercostal > caudal > paracervical > epidural > brachial plexus > sciatic > subcutaneous.
Which of the following endotracheal tubes has resistance to kinking and compression; and is indicated for the use in neck/neurosurgical procedures?
1) Red rubber
2) Cole tube
3) RAE preformed
4) Spiral embedded
Technique barbotage is
1) Used for localization of peripheral nerve for regional block
2) Technique used in epidural space identification
3) Mixing of local anaesthetic with CSF during sub arachnoid block
4) Selection of puncture site for neuraxial block
Bag mask ventilation is contraindicated in which of the following conditions
1) Anal atresia
2) Tracheo-oesophgeal fistula
Which of the following is an incorrect statement regarding local anaesthetics?
1) All local anaesthetics depress myocardial automaticity
2) Local anaesthetics cause vasodilatation
3) Early symptoms of CNS toxicity are slurred speech and muscle twitching
4) Lignocaine is used to attenuate sympathetic stimulation with laryngoscopy