All of the following requires mutilation/shredding as per guidelines of waste product treatment, except
3) Intravenous infusion sels
4) Cell culture dishes
They can be treated by autoclaving at hospîtal level, while all other products. e.g.. needles, blades, catheters.
Intravenous tubes. syringes require mutilation/shredding to prevent unauthorized reuse.
Which of the followrng is not true?
1) No organic pollution with incineration
2) Waste collected in black hag is disposed in landfill
3) Liquid waste is first treated with 1% hypochlorite before discharging into drains
4) Personnel handling waste must be guarded by universal precaution equipment